New Honda Warranty Information for San Diego, CA, Area Car Buyers
Learn About Honda's Stellar Factory Warranty Coverage
If you're considering buying a new Honda around San Diego, CA, and are curious about the factory warranty that will come with your new Honda of choice, then see our quick reference guide below, where we cover each aspect of the Honda factory warranty package. If you would like to review any Honda model's warranty manual, please contact the Honda of El Cajon Superstore sales team or visit our showroom, and we'll be happy to assist you with that information.
Honda of El Cajon Superstore is located in El Cajon, CA, and proudly serves our neighbors from nearby Lemon Grove and beyond.
The Honda new vehicle warranty includes:
Honda Standard Warranty
The Honda Bumper-to-Bumper warranty covers new Honda automobiles for 3 years or 36,000 driven miles on the car, whichever comes first. Plus, your new Honda is covered from corrosion and its powertrain protected for up to five years!
One of the great things about the Honda standard warranty is that it stays with the car. So if you purchase or sell a used Honda that has any remaining bumper-to-bumper, powertrain or corrosion coverage left, the warranty will remain valid from the original in-service purchase date.
Honda backs each of its new automobiles with:
- Bumper-to-Bumper Limited Warranty = 3 years or 36,000 miles
- Powertrain Limited Warranty = 5 years or 60,000 miles
- Corrosion Limited Warranty = 5 years with unlimited miles
Additional Limited Warranty Information
- 8-Year Limited Battery Warranty - Honda high-voltage hybrid batteries covered for up to eight years.
- Accessory Limited Warranty – Honda accessories are covered up to 3 years or 36,000 miles.
- Replacement Parts Limited Warranty – Honda Genuine Parts are covered for one year. The warranty coverage for replacement components purchased from and installed by your Honda dealer includes parts replacement and labor.
Frequently Asked Warranty Questions
What Does a Bumper to Bumper Warranty Cover?
The Honda Bumper to Bumper limited warranty starts on the date the vehicle is put into use to the first buyer by a Honda dealer, like Honda of El Cajon Superstore.
The new Honda automobile, including its 12-volt battery, is covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. Some components may have separate coverage under other warranties as described in your warranty booklet.
Honda will repair or replace any part that is defective in material or craft under normal use. All repairs or replacements performed under this warranty are always free of charge. These replaced or repaired items are covered only until the New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.
This warranty does not cover normal wear or deterioration of any part.
What's Covered Under the Powertrain Limited Warranty?
The Honda you drive or are shopping for may not come equipped with all of the parts listed below. This warranty coverage starts on the same date as the New Honda Vehicle Limited Warranty. The Honda powertrain is covered for 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Other parts may also be covered, so please refer to the warranty booklet for more details on your particular Honda model.
- Engine: Cylinder block and head and all internal parts, engine mounts, engine/powertrain control module, water pump, fuel pump, seals and gaskets, valve covers, oil pan, oil pump, intake and exhaust manifolds, timing gears and gaskets, timing chain/belt and cover, flywheel.
- Transmission and Transaxle: Case and all internal parts, torque converter, transfer case and all internal parts, transmission/powertain control module, seals and gaskets.
- Front-Wheel Drive System: Final drive housing and all internal parts, driveshafts, constant velocity joints, front hubs and bearings, seals and gaskets.
- Rear-Wheel Drive System: Differential housing and all internal parts, propeller shafts, universal joints, driveshafts, constant velocity joints, rear hubs and bearings, seals and gaskets.